Steps in Becoming a Sister
1. Listen to your heart. See if being a sister would help you become the person God meant you to be.
2. Ask to visit the convent and meet the sisters by attending a "Come and See" retreat and/or a visit of prayer and dinner. In this way, you will have a realistic experience.
3. Enter the convent as an aspirant. The aspirancy is approximately 6 months to 2 years. You are in close observation and prayerful discernment.
4. If you and your aspirant director discerns that God is calling you to be a sister, you will be invited to enter the novitiate.
5. The novitiate is two years long. It is called the "School of the HolySpirit" as God forms your heart to be His Beloved.
6. If you and your novice director discerns that God is calling you to be a sister, you are invited to profess vows of Chastity, Poverty, and Obedience.
7. During this time, you continue your studies if you have not completed a degree. You will also get a chance to serve in catechesis, youth ministry, early childhood care, social work, nursing, or pastoral work.
8. After six years, you are invited to make final profession. In this ceremony, you receive a ring which symbolizes your eternal union with God. You are now a full-fledged sister, a Bride of Christ.
ps. Hopefully, the image of the transformation of a caterpillar into a butterfly will help you to understand the formation of a person into a sister.